12 Top Features Homebuyers Seek
By Chelsey Preuss
I want to choose something that will help my home sell, what do you recommend? That’s an extremely popular question asked here at Crystal Kitchen and Bath! We came across an article in ‘Pro Remodeler’ about a study they found on the Zillow Digs website. According to them, home listings mentioning certain keywords sell much faster than homes that do not. In order of popularity, one being most popular, below is a list of the 12 top features homebuyers are looking for.
- Barn Door. At the very top of the list, barn doors provide a unique feature to a home all the while making some spaces more functional by eliminating a door swing. Design options are limitless!
- Shaker Cabinet. This one is no surprise as the shaker door style has been trending for quite a few years now. It’s simple enough without being contemporary or hard to clean.
- Farmhouse Sink. Want a subtle statement piece in the kitchen? Select a farmhouse sink available in several materials including stainless steel, fireclay and now Siligranit by Blanco.
- Subway Tiles. Subway tiles have been around for decades, making them a timeless choice for a backsplash or even a shower. What’s even better is that they can be very reasonably priced!
- Quartz. Surprise, surprise! Who doesn’t want a countertop material with virtually zero maintenance and a beautiful array of colors? Companies such as Cambria, Silestone, Zodiaq and Caesarstone are leading in the industry.
- Exposed Brick. If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Exposed brick is often hard to come by in many homes so if you are one of the lucky ones who has an older home with that rare beauty, embrace its history!
- Pendant Light. Pendant lights add dimension and texture to a space, often making themselves a focal feature in both kitchens and bathrooms. With so many design options, it may be hard to choose.
- Frameless Shower. Not only is frameless shower glass easier to clean, it makes a space feel bigger by eliminating extra trim pieces and allows for an uninterrupted view of that gorgeous tiled shower wall.
- Heated Floors. That feeling you get when you walk on warm pavement, barefoot? That’s what it feels like to have heated floors in your home. Bathrooms, kitchens and even entries are incorporating this luxury.
- Stainless Steel. Stainless steel is still at the top for finishes in appliances despite colors such as Slate and Black Stainless emerging from GE.
- Granite. Appreciated for being 100% natural and nearly indestructible to heat, granite is the second most popular choice in countertops. Keep in mind the simple task of sealing it every 10 years or so, depending on the sealer used.
- Backsplash. Add another element to any kitchen or bathroom by adding a backsplash. It protects the walls against splatter and water but also adds another layer to a design.
Whether you are a homeowner looking to remodel your home before putting it on the market or in need of someone to remodel the home you recently purchased, the team at Crystal Kitchen + Bath is here for you every step of the way.